First Time Use
- Timers (* depending on model)
- Filtered water outlet
- Raw water funnel
- Filtered water jug
- Filter cartridge*
- Tap water inlet
- Open the box and take out the filter cartridge. It is common that its surface may have some carbon powder, this is normal. These particles are harmless and are washed off during the preparation process.
- Clean the water jug and the funnel. Hand wash the lid if it comes with a timer.
- Soak the filter cartridge in clean water for 15 minutes. Shake the filter cartridge slightly to wash the carbon powder on the surface.
- Press the filter down firmly to ensure a tight seat. Press the “SET” button for 3 seconds to activate the timer (applicable for models with timer).
- Fill the pitcher with tap water. Discard your first two jugs of filtered water.
- Enjoy the clean filtered water.
Both Micro X-Clean and Micro X-Clean Ultra filters are compatible with the following filter jugs: AWP2935, AWP2936, AWP2937, AWP2938, AWP2951, AWP2952, AWP2953, and AWP2954.
There may be differences in the appearance between different models.
Timer for filter replacement
In order to maintain the best status of the filter cartridge. Philips recommends that you to replace the filter cartridge at least every 30 days. This timer has a 30-day countdown. A new pitcher with a timer will show a blank display until it is activated.
- Start: Please press “SET” button firmly for 3 seconds to activate the timer.
- Normal reset: When it displays 00. after the filter cartridge is replaced. press the ‘SET’ button firmly for 3 seconds to start a new cycle of countdown.
- Forced reset: For the replacement of filter cartridge at any time within a cycle of timing. press ‘SET” button firmly for 8 seconds to force it to reset.
- During countdown, the dot will be flashing, and the number of days & graph will be decreasing. At the beginning it will show 30 days. and please replace the filter when the timer shows 00.
- Use municipal tap water as the source. Do not use any water of unknown source.
- Keep the jug away from children.
- Be sure to handle the jug gently and carefully. Do not modify or drop the filter cartridge. If It has been modified. externally damaged or dropped. replace it.
- This product is Intended for domestic use only.
- Please note that some models have a button battery. If eaten by mistake. it can cause serious internal burning, even death.
- Do not pour the filtered water If there’s still raw water in the raw water tank.
- This product does not filter liquids other than tap water. If you accidentally pour other liquid through the filter cartridge. the filtered cartridge may become blocked.
- Do not filter hot water above 38°C.
- If you accidentally pour hot water into the pitcher, there will be a temporary odor in the filtered water.
- If there are a lot of impurities (after the container is washed or if it has not been used for a long time), please let the tap water run through it for a while before using the jug.
- Do not put the product in a high temperature environment to avoid deformation of the product.
- The filtered water should be consumed within 24 hours and not put in direct sunlight.
- Do not put this product in the freezer, as it may cause damage to the product.
- Philips recommends that you replace the filter cartridge every 30 days. The actual lifetime of the filter cartridge may vary depending on the use frequency and quality of the local tap water.
- Please keep the product clean. When cleaning it, take out the filter cartridge. Do not use detergent when cleaning it.