Kills 99%* of bacteria on your brush head
Philips Sonicare introduces a new innovation with a UV Sanitizer that helps kill up to 99% of bacteria* on your toothbrush. With a simple push of a button, UV Clean technology sanitizes your brush head to clean right down to the bristles.
How to use my Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer
The Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer uses a specially designed UV light bulb that helps kill germs on the brush head of your rechargeable toothbrush. Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to use it.
Using the UV Sanitizer
1. After brushing, rinse the brush head and shake off any excess water.
Do not put the travel brush head cap on during sanitization.
2. Place your fingers in the door recess on top of the sanitizer and pull the door open
3. Place the brush head on one of the 2 hooks in the sanitizer with the bristles facing the light bulb
4. Plug the sanitizer into a working outlet.
5. Close the door and press the green power on/off button once to select the UV clean cycle.
The sanitizer cycle runs for 10 minutes and automatically shuts off.
Note: Only clean the Philips Sonicare snap-on brush heads in the sanitizer.
Do not clean Philips Sonicare For Kids brush heads in the sanitizer.
You can only turn on the sanitizer if the door is properly closed.
The sanitizer stops if you open the door during the sanitizing cycle.
The sanitizer is in operation when the light glows through the window.
How to clean my Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer
Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer uses a specially designed UV light bulb that helps kill germs on the brush head of your rechargeable toothbrush. For optimal effectiveness, it is recommended to clean your sanitizer weekly. Below you will find a step-by-step instructions on how to clean your UV sanitizer.
Cleaning the UV Sanitizer
- Unplug the sanitizer
- Pull the drip tray out. Clean the interior of the sanitizer with a damp cloth.
- Rinse the drip tray and wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Remove the protective screen in front of the UV light bulb. To remove the screen, hold the edges next to the snaps, gently squeeze and pull out the protective screen.
- Remove the UV light bulb. To remove the bulb, hold and pull it out of the metal clasp.
- Clean the protective screen and the UV light bulb with a damp cloth.
- Reinsert the UV light bulb. To reinsert the light bulb, align the bottom of the light bulb with the metal clasp and push the bulb into the clasp.
- Reinsert the protective screen. To reinsert the screen, align the pegs on the screen with the slots on the reflective surface near the UV light bulb. Push the screen straight into the slots on the sanitizer.
How to install the Sonicare Sanitizer UV light bulb.
Sometimes, the Philips Sonicare Sanitiser comes with the UV light bulb uninstalled. Find out how you can easily install it yourself.
- Place your finger in the door recess on the right-hand side of the Sanitiser and pull open the door
- Remove the drip tray
- Remove the protective screen by gently lifting it up and pulling it forward
- Install the UV light bulb by snapping it into the lamp holder
- Align the pegs on the protective screen with the slots in the reflective surface of the Sanitiser on either side of the UV light bulb
- Insert and gently push down the screen to secure it in the Sanitiser
- Reattach the drip tray