First Time Charging of your Oral-B
- If this is your first time using the product, you should fully charge the battery before using, which can take up to 16 to 22 hours.
- Different Oral-B models have different time taken for a full charge, depending on the type of rechargeable battery use for the that model. You can take a look at the official Oral-B info here – How long does it take to charge my Oral-B electric toothbrush battery?
- Once your handle is fully charged, continue using your electric toothbrush until no charge is left, or when the battery level indicator starts flashing. Then, fully charge it again instead of charging between each use. This will help your battery perform at its best longer.
- It will depends on the model of your Oral-B and the type of rechargeable battery it use for the brush handle. Once the red charge light appears the battery capacity may last 1 or 2 cycles, but this depends on user behavior, age of battery and various other factors related to the product
- Note – While the toothbrush handle can be washed all over and rinse with water, but the bottom of the toothbrush handle should be dried before charging.
- For Vitality series of toothbrush handle, since there is no charging or battery indicator light, the best way to check whether the Oral-B Vitality brush is charging is to pick the toothbrush up off the charger after 30 minutes and switch it on. If it comes to life, you know it’s charging. Switch it back off and leave it on the charging stand for the full 16 hours it needs to complete a full charge.
Please read the original post on official Oral-B site here
How to Clean Your Electric Toothbrush
It’s important to take care of your electric toothbrush to make sure you get your best clean with every brush. Here are some tips on how to clean and take care of your electric toothbrush to keep your smile at its healthiest.
Because one of the main purposes of a toothbrush is to remove bacteria from your mouth, it’s important to keep your toothbrush sanitary and free of bacteria.
Keep these tips in mind to keep your electric toothbrush clean and safe:
- Keep it covered on the road, but not at home. When you travel, put your toothbrush in a toothbrush travel case, don’t let it roll around uncovered in your suitcase or toiletry bag where it can pick up dust, dirt, and bacteria. But don’t store a toothbrush in a toothbrush travel case at home-the chronically moist environment can promote bacteria growth. If you must use a covered toothbrush holder frequently, look for one with small holes to let air in.
- When at home, store your toothbrush upright in a cup or a toothbrush holder that allows it to air dry and has several openings to keep multiple toothbrushes separate.
- Consider a sanitizer. There are commercially available “toothbrush sanitizers,” but there’s no solid evidence to suggest that they actually keep toothbrushes cleaner than simply rinsing them with water after use and allowing them to dry. If you want to try a sanitizer, look for one that has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for “reducing bacterial contamination that occurs naturally on toothbrushes.” Be suspicious of sanitizing products that make unrealistic claims. And never try to clean your toothbrush by putting it in the dishwasher or microwave; the high temperatures can damage the brush.
Electric Toothbrush Storage and Maintenance
In addition to the tips above, you should rinse your electric toothbrush every day with tap water after use to remove toothpaste and debris.
- Don’t over-brush. Putting too much pressure on your toothbrush can cause the bristles to wear out more quickly and be less effective when cleaning.
- Store your toothbrush in an upright position to let it air-dry.
Replacing the brush heads
Replace your Oral-B® Electric Toothbrush brush head every three months, or when the blue Indicator® bristles fade halfway to white, or earlier if you notice fraying. Simply pull the old brush head off your handle at a straight angle, and snap on a new brush head in the same manner.
- If you’d like to buy replacement chargers, handles, travel cases or other accessories for your Oral-B Electric Toothbrush, visit our online store
Here’s the range of brush heads compatible ….